|WTSP Mails and Letters (B4-News2020)||
Q&A on World WTSP Catalogs: (3) Apr. - 2020
|Posted: Apr. 21, 2020; Updated: May 25, 2020|
For going to Japanese pages, press buttons.
Editor's Note (Toru Nakagawa, Apr. 21, 2020)
This page is going to record Q&A communications between the readers and the WTSP project on the World WTSP Catalogs and on the WTSP project itself.
See also the pages of QA (1) 2019 , QA(2) 2019, (B4) WTSP News 2020 and Letters from Readers (Index page) .
Latest communication is shown at the bottom.
Apr. 3, 2020
---------- Apr. 6, 2020 Igor Polkovnikov <==> TN A: Genral process for building the WTSP Catalogs and adding new site. Orthodox way by the WTSP Team in each country, and a bypass to include a site with a close introduction.
Q0: Want to have easier access to the World WTSP Catalogs and WTSP Project.
A: Main Pages of Our WTSP Site Have Been Renewed (Apr. 3, 2020)
"Welcome to WTSP Projects / Catalogs" page is newly made.
It is accessible with the site domain URL: https://www.osaka-gu.ac.jp/php/nakagawa/TRIZ/eTRIZ/eWTSP/ .
Click the boxes in the figure to go to the pages you want to see.
Q1: Igor Polkovnikov (USA) ==> Toru Nakagawa Apr. 6, 2020 Inclusion of my site in the WTSP Catalog
Would you consider my site for the inclusion? www.****
A: TN ==> Igor Polkovnikov Apr. 7, 2020
Thank you, Igor. I have visited your site and find it interesting especially in many infographics of inventive principles.
Concerning to the ways of including a site in our WTSP Catalogs, I would like to answer as a general rule:
(1) First of all, please read the (A4) Guidelines page under the WTSP Project (top index) page .
(2) Please write an introduction of your site, following the instructions in the Guideline, especially by filling in our Standard Site Description Form (one page in A4) .
(3) You may be a Contributor (i.e., a Supporter outside WTSP) or become a Member (by submitting WTSP Membership Application Form) for working together.
(4) Send your manuscript and message to the WTSP Members (especially Country Editor) in your country. Such Members are listed in our (A2) Organization page .
(5) It is our basic way that the WTSP Team in each country should make an appropriate list of TRIZ-related Web sites together with introductions of such individual sites.
(6) In many countries (including USA and Russia), unfortunately, WTSP Country Editor is not obtained and hence WTSP Team is not formed well yet. In such countries, please write emails to a number of leaders, key persons, colleagues, and friends in TRIZ in your country for making a reliable/useful WTSP Catalog of TRIZ-related sites together in your own country.
(7) Making manuscripts of WTSP Catalogs in each country is important as the basis of its thoroughness, reliability, fairness, usefulness, etc. Especially usefulness for the people in the country (particularly in non-English speaking countries). And it is also necessary for avoiding the overload at the Project Leader.
(8) Here is a bypass which skips (5)-(7).
If you evaluate your site highly, worthy to be recorded in the World WTSP Catalogs (at evaluation levels ◎〇□), do this in addition to (2)-(4):
Write a close and attractive introduction of your site in a free format (2-5 pages in A4), and send it to the Project Leader (at email@example.com).
(9) Reading your manuscript, I will include your site in our World WTSP Catalogs, as soon as possible.
Thanking you for your cooperation,
Let's work Together ! Connected !!
Q: Links to some sites were broken. When I changed the protocol from https:// into http:// , it worked. (Bill Fowlkes, May 1, 2020)
A: Thanks. I corrected the specific sites you pointed.
The origin of the errors: When the site domain is shown simply such as www.xxx, I attached the protocol https:// without checking one by one. Most of the sites allow to use it, but some don't. So there may be various other sites showing the same error. Since it is hard for me to check all the sites,I am posting a note on this error in the Q&A page. Please try with the protoco http:// .
Q: The site XXX is a publishing firm based on an academic society. In the Catalog, better to move it from the category of academic society to the category of publishers.
A: In the WTSP Catalogs, sites are shown according to their Roles. I have moved the site as you poited out.
The problem situation is: It is usual that a site has multiple Roles (or multiple aspects/activities). We need to take care in listing such multiple Roles, in their order of imortance. In the Catalogs, the sites are shown according to the Role listed first.
In this case we corrected the Roles of the site:
(d4) Academic societies, (f3) Repository, (g3) Knowledge sharing, (e1) Method developers
==> (f3) Repository, (g3) Knowledge sharing, (d4) Academic societies, (e1) Method developers
|(A7) Current Working Manyscripts of WTSP Catalogs||(A8) World WTSP Catalogs (Current Active Version)|
|(B3) WTSP News 2019||(B4) WTSP News 2020||Japanese page of WTSP Index page|
|General Index||(A) Editorial||(B) References||Links||News & activities||Software tools||(C) Papers, case studies, articles,||Lectures, course materials||(D) Forum||Search in this site||General Index|
|Home Page||New Information||for children and highschool students||for students and the general public||for engineers (introduction)||for Practitioners||CrePS System Documents||USIT Manual & Case Studies||Dr. Ed Sickafus Memorial Archives (USIT)||WTSP (World TRIZ Sites Project)||Home Page|
Last updated on Apr. 21, 2020.. Access point: Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org